Sunday, August 12, 2007

Pictures of our life for the last month

We've been enjoying lots of delicious bananas since coming here.
We walk by this banana tree every day here
at language school on our way to class.

Aunt Jo (Carla's sister) came up to Arusha for MCC meetings from Dodoma,
where she also works for MCC.
Ben was happy to see her and even yelled "JoJo!" when
she came through the gate.


This is the "unorthodox" bbq I mentioned in my previous post.
We had a goat roast for visiting MCC country reps.
I'm pretty sure we had a wringer washer just like this in Eastleigh.

Bedtime stories. This is at our reps place in Arusha.


My Dad, Chuck, and his dog, Mac. My parents had Mac from
1997-2002. He's been living in a great place since then,
but he remembered my dad when he went to visit last month.
He even remembered Mom, Wanjela (an amazing gardener at Rosslyn) and the
campus itself. Amazingly bright dog. He's worked his way
back into my family's home. They weren't planning on
getting him back...but how can you resist this dog?


Another important milestone: Orange Fanta.
My sister used to chug this when we were little.
This was taken when we went out for Ethiopian food with
my parents, Ryan and Kristen and about 10 other Rosslynites.


We were told not to bother bringing lots of toys along...
people were right.
This is outside my parent's backdoor at Rosslyn, Nairobi.

Is it surprising, giving the lineage, (grandparents, specifically)
that he is a big time ham?


Minneapolis airport. Ben loved the moving sidewalks.


Our last day in Winnipeg with the Unger Family:



Big Ben and Little Ben:
Doesn't he realize how special this moment is?


4 comments:

Georgie said...

Hi Carla and Curtis - just got your link from your folks and thought I would say hi - you guys look like you are doing well and your little boy looks darling. Kait just finished cosmetology school and is trying to figure out what is next. I arrive in Kenya Aug. 25 - as does Keith - he is posted in So. sudan for a few months. I will stay til Oct. 3. Tom and his wife are settling into new jobs in San Diego. Blessings in your new work! Georgie Disselkoen

Kimberly Cruson said...

Hey guys - we're thinking of you and praying for you as your new adventure starts. Seeing all of your pictures brings back so many memories! Enjoy Kenya for me - we'll make it out there one of these days. :) Hi to both of your families and hugs to you all!

Jeremy said...

Ah, I have found your online presence. You are now subscribed to. I love the pictures! Love to you all.

rojo said...

hello ungers! these photos are great! glad to hear that things are going well... praying for y'all!